SECTION OFFICER ELECTION REQUIREMENTS
Do you have leadership experience and want to get more involved in the Order of the Arrow? Do you want to help put on next year’s Conclave, work with the five lodges in Section W-3N, and help develop new leaders? If so, you should consider running for Section Office! Section Officers are responsible for running the Section, both in and out of Conclave. These positions, while time intensive, are a great way to give back to the program and further your scouting career!
The Section has three officer positions: Chief, Vice Chief, and Secretary. To be eligible, each candidate must:
• Be a registered member, in good standing, of the Order of the Arrow and the Boy Scouts of America in a council within Section W-3N.
• Have approval, in writing in advance of being nominated, of his council Scout executive or council Scout executive’s designee, and have the writing submitted to Dr. Joe Barton, the section adviser (email@example.com), by 10:30pm on September 15th, 2017.
• Be younger than 21 during his entire term of office.
• All officers must attend the Western Region Gathering, October 27-29, and the Section Chief must attend the National Planning Meeting, December 27-30.
• Attend the Section Retreat in November.
For more information on the roles, eligibility, and responsibilities, please refer to the Field Operations Guide. Voting will occur during the annual section business meeting immediately following dinner on Saturday.